“Research shows that websites on the first search engine results page receive almost 95% of web traffic, leaving only 5% for remaining search results pages.” ¹ So yeah, you definitely won’t find the body there.
Take a moment and think: when was the last time you went to find a restaurant, hotel, or service and you’ve actually scrolled past the first page on Google? I would assume probably… never. Right?
There are two types of buyers in the world: those who seek immediate results and those do who their research. We live in a modern world of instant gratification, so when it comes down to it, most consumers rely on as little information as possible to make a decision. Because of this, many never really dive deep into research (or in this case, the pages upon pages of Google searches).
So, how does this affect your business? Well, let’s go back a couple decades to when Yellowpages was the main way to advertise products and services. Business owners would pay tens of thousands of dollars to put their ad in the front few pages. The trade off? They would generate much more revenue from that exposure than companies who were stuck in the middle-bottom half of the book.
The same concept goes for Google. Rather than paying Yellowpages thousands of dollars to be at the top, people can pay digital marketing companies, like us, to enhance their Search Engine Optimization (SEO) for the same purpose (and at a much cheaper rate).
Your next question might sound a little bit like this: well why do I need customized SEO if I can just use services like Google Adwords? Let’s make a few points clear.
There are three ways to be on Google: Adwords, SEO, and Map Listings. They all try to accomplish the same thing: to make your business more visible to potential customers who surf the web. So, what’s the difference?
Think about it this way. Say you want to lose 15 pounds. You’re looking for fast results, so you decide to go on a crash diet. It sucks. You’re hungry, you’re tired, but you’re starting to lose weight (so it seems worth it, right?). After one month, you weigh yourself and find that you’ve reached your goal! However, your body can no longer handle it so you finally quit the diet. Not long after, the weight comes right back because you resort back to your old habits. Rats.
You decide to try again. This time, you hire a personal trainer and they come up with a plan for you. They tell you it will take much longer to see results, but once you reach your goal it will be effortless to sustain. You agree to it, even though you’re slightly annoyed that you won’t see progress overnight.
However, after months of proper training and nutrition, you learn to love your new habits. It isn’t a crazy diet, and you aren’t killing yourself doing it. The pounds start to fall off, and people keep commenting on how great you look! Your trainer continues to guide you through the process by making tweaks to your plan and setting higher goals.
After a certain point, you reach your original goal—15 pounds gone! This time, however, you don’t feel the urge to quit because you’ve grown into a brand new (and sustainable) lifestyle. So you keep going, you keep achieving, and you keep getting noticed. It feels so good!
Google AdWords is the crash diet. SEO is the lifestyle. We are the personal trainers.
SEO work may not show up overnight, but when it finally does, it will stay for good. Not only will you reach your goal, you will continue to exceed it. That is why SEO is so valuable. You won’t just show up on Google for a few weeks and then fall off the radar. Although we can never guarantee the #1 spot on the first page, you will slowly build your way up and stay up so that more potential customers will be able to easily view your company’s page.
Keep in mind that one size does not fit all. That’s why we are here to be your trainer. What goes into SEO is complicated, customized work. How you show up on Google is influenced by industry, competition, location, and algorithms. We deal with the nitty gritty tech details, so you can just sit back and watch your exposure skyrocket (over time, of course).
So, what goes into SEO?
In order to optimize your page visibility, we come up with a plan that specifically suits your business. This includes a quality website with rich content, elimination of duplicate pages that confuse search bots, correction of code errors that might block you from ever showing up in searches, simplification of content to make all of your information more visible to web crawlers, utilization of chosen keywords, and so much more.
Like I said, it is a lot of work.
Don’t settle for (what seems to be) the easy route. Although SEO may seem a little pricey, it is nothing compared to the money spent on buying diet after diet after diet. It actually works, and is worth every cent.
If you have a business that could use a boost in digital visibility reach out to Digital Fitness today!